Thursday, January 5, 2012

Game time

Let's play a game. Where am I ??

I get on a bus I am crowed and surrounded by looks with me being the only white English speaking person on the bus. The feeling of being the minority sets in as I understand nothing and am in awe of everything I see and hear and not so much always smell. As I hit the streets to go into china town I take in smells of incense, spice, and here and there sea food being mixed in with some spice, and the smell of chinese or Indian scent. This is not a raciest comment this is a game remember and I am giving you clues to where I am. The majority of people are the nationality of Chinese and then followed by Indian then a small part of ... ? China town had crazy people everywhere trying to sell you stuff in chinese. Everything looks red with there decoration. Food food food food everywhere - I must of tried about 20 new things. I also denied about 20 samples of I don't no what it was i figure i would just start with 20 and see how my stomach handled it. being it was new years they had tons of new year cookies for 50 cents everywhere which is about 30 cents. Now this cookie is not a cookie Cookie. It is like gooie sep for it's not gooie by looks. Comes in about 6 inch diameter circle. There are loads of different flavors. It's gooie once you bite it. Your teeth sink in and it's almost like a gummy worm at first but then way softer turns into not as creamy as fuge but a mix between Turkish delight a gummy worm fuge yeah. Nuts were surprisingly cheap : ) : ) yay went into a temple where of course I had to cover my body, light a incent and try and figure out what was going on bc I didn't understand anything. After an amazing strawberry real fruit smoothie. ( girl talked me into getting it with some kind of vaporized milk i hesitated, she spoke little English just enough to say it is best with milk so I went for it and it was good choice) I headed to little India.
Have you figured out where I am yet ?
little India- I am one of those crazy travelers where if I only have one day to see a city or country ( huge clue right there for ya) I am going to try and do it all in that day. Even with being jet legged. Not only am I going to do it all I also am going to do it on a budget aka I am doing what the guy at hostel and girl on plane said I couldn't do- I walked all this by foot) with a few wrong turns ( when I ask people where to go I try and find a 13-25 year old they no English and I just point at a map) i arrived in little India where it had all the same scents as china town just a little more spice and Indian scent.
I of course got my photo with the famous half lion and Half fish. Looking out there is a huge building of a ship in the air. I hung out on a beach for 30 min and watched all the heathy little Asians run/bike/blade on by. The mrt ( subway) was so packed at 1800 I thought someones tiny little foot or arm was going to get cut off. I went to the night safari. Were I saw the animals of Asia and Africa come alive at night. At that time I also was falling asleep. I skipped out on orchestra road where they have top name bran clothing. I did see markets full of camera after camera for very little. Or computer after computer for not so much. When I say one free the other I mean like billions of electronic stuff like picture a decent size mall filled with all electronics it was nuts.
If you still don't no where I am maybe the pictures will help you

Singapore Singapore

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!
    JANUARY 5, 2010...
    Dad arrived ok? What are you doing to celebrate your special day?
    Hope you two have a wonderful time together....
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are getting around just fine without knowing the languages! Those are some pretty cool pics. Thanks for the update and a very-very Happy Birthday to you! Miss ya......
    Remember to listen to your inner "Chelsey"!!
    Have fun--safe travels--smart choices!
    Love & prayers!
    Auntie Godmom Karen

    ReplyDelete