Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mt doom

Tongariro crossing
Lord of rings - is a must know for this entry. 
Da da da i felt like froto from lord of the rings as I crossed creaks and valleys and mountains. My goal was to finish the 19 kilometer walk and also add mt doom to drop off an evil ring ; ) mt doom ( mt ngauruhoe summit) climbing mt doom was not the greatest time of my life. If you were to ask me to do it again I would say NO! It was a volcano with rocks that with every step I took up I slid down a half of step and it wasn't so fun. It was worth it when I got to the top. I was able to look down In the volcano and see everything around me. At the top, it was way to windy for me to enjoy it so I went down after spending only 20 min at the top. The way down was just as scary but way fun. I took it easy going the rock way down at first. Then slid over to the more gravel way down were I slid on my feet down. Result --- burnt hole in sock bruised butt and ankles and 2 shoes full of rock and volcano  sand. The rest of the crossing i came across green and blue pools of water, and hot springs. The best part of the crossing was half way up mt doom a German boy with his accent was huffing and puffing like he wasn't going to make it. He stops and sighs and goes froto better be at the top. Haha made me laugh so hard- I think you had to be there but it was perfect timing for him to say that. 

I hope to have pics coming soon hopefully but no promises
- Auckland for new years then off to Asia

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all your pics! Hope your butt & ankles aren't to bruised!! But---you made it to the top!!
    Happy New Year! I hope & pray you & Megan have a happy & safe New Years celebration!
    Remember to listen to your inner "Chelsey"!!
    Have fun--safe travels--smart choices!
    Love & prayers!
    Auntie Godmom Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW .... Froto would be proud! Well no gutts, no glory but ouch..... Can't wait for pics. Stay safe and Happy New Year!! Can't wait for your posts once your Dad arrives.....pending you find him in the airport where he will wait at the info booth. LOL

    Love ya -- Aunt Cherri

    ReplyDelete