Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas

I had a wonderful Christmas day where I spent the day with Megan bates in a sulfur smelling town. It smells like eggs due to all the plates under ground and it being so close to volcano. In NZ and Australia they have BBQ for there meals. They open up a cracker. That I guess I am very dumb to everyone on my bus for not knowing what it is. A cracker is a small gift that you open with someone by pulling on each end and the middle peace cracks open with a joke and a small toy.    A kind boy on the bus gave everyone Tim tams for a Christmas cookie. It was nice to skype home and see all my family anticipating my call! I couldn't of asked for a better Christmas. God bless 
Very thankful : ) 



Black water caves 
Megan and I got to experience a black water cave where we had to belay down into the cave and then zip line threw it with it looking like stars due to glow worms. After we Zip lined down to the river we then went up and down the river learning about glow worms. The worm is actually not what glows and it is not even a worn it is a maggot. What glows is there poop. I have never scene poop look so pretty. To get out of the cave we climbed up 2 water falls and finally saw light after 5 hours of being in a huge cave. Wile we were in the cave we got hot coco an flap jacks. ( a flap jack is something everyone should have. It is rolled oats in honey and syrup ha so gooooood - again everyone in the cave thought I was dumb for not knowing what it was.) my bus is all most all England. 

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you. It put my mind at ease seeing you happy & healthy & safe! I'm so glad Meagan was there with you so you didn't spend Christmas alone----that would have made me sad!!
    Hmmmmmmm pretty poop! Now that's a first! Glad you are having the time of your life even though we all miss you like crazy! Your Dad is pretty excited to be meeting up with you. I'm SURE you will show him all the sights!
    P.S. You are not dumb, you are uninformed!!!
    Remember to listen to your inner "Chelsey"!!
    Have fun--safe travels--smart choices!
    Love & prayers!
    Auntie Godmom Karen

    ReplyDelete