Sunday, April 29, 2012

To the peak

Hong kong
I stayed with a local, named tony who showed me the best things in hong kong. For starters I want you to picture the smallest bathroom ever. Were you have to sit sideways to go potty. The shower head is above that and were you can wash your hands with out standing up. Living space in hong kong is tiny- is what I am getting at.
Tony brought me to tradtional favorite din sum restaurants, I new this not bc he told but bc the restaurants were always busy and full of local old people reading the paper : ) din sum is were you order a few dishes and share the din sum can me dumplings, rice portage with fermented duck egg, rice with some sauce and a chickens foot, a steamed bun filled with a yummy creamy dessert type flavor or pork and onion maybe throw a shrimp in there. I actually really love it and I could go for some more right now. I became a pro at using chop sticks with only using a fork once in my 5 days there.
I of course went and saw the main sights. Went camping in the rain with a few people who have never camped before. Hahah I don't think they are the camping type. Saw beautiful beaches and of course climbed a mouton or two
Hong kong has way more to offer then just a big crazy city, I will put it at the top of the list for cities I like.

1 comment:

  1. Hong Kong looks very interesting. Loving the pics--except for that nasty looking food--eww!
    Remember to listen to your inner "Chelsey"!!
    Have fun--safe travels--smart choices!
    Love & prayers!
    Auntie Godmom Karen

    ReplyDelete