Sunday, March 4, 2012

Whats new

I had my English unit test this last week. It went very well. Some days I go threw class and they will stop me during a worksheet and say I don't understand. I say what do you mean you don't understand you have half of the worksheet done. Then they just look at me confused and I re describe how to do it and then they get frustrated and say no I don't understand -- then point at a word and they sound it out and say it " lake" -- I then relies they have no idea what a lake is, or bracelet, or simple words that I thought they knew. So then I go threw the process of describing it and showing pictures and and pointing and telling them you wear it on wrist. They then repeat wrist and say I don't know so then get the Khmer word for wrist and then they laugh and say o --- so basically English in a nut shell -I will have a lessen plan and it will start off great but then I end up teaching things like vocabulary words and then it's time for practice and I didn't make it threw half of my plan. I actually really enjoy class everyday, it's been fun.

I am such a bad office person. Can't handle being inside for half a day starring at a computer - pretty much drives me crazy. On Friday I managed to do it, and helped with the annual salt academy report.

Soccer- the mighty girls have advanced this last week to the state tournament. ( I am pretending that cambodia is a state and they won there section ( providence )) it's extra exciting for me bc I will travel with them as there teacher bc it is 2 weeks long if they win. The tournament is held in the south of Cambodia near the beach. I am excited to see another part of Cambodia that I haven't scene yet.

Orphanage I help coach at--- so I am trying to teach the kids some discipline/ structure/ rules. It is so hard bc they have never had this before. I had a girl leave practice on me : ( we started off passing the ball to make a square and you had to call for the ball. If you didn't call for the ball you are not suppose to pass it. They didn't care to follow the rules. I was determined to get them to follow my instructions thou haha. So I stopped the drill and raised my voice a bit and told them --do not pass the ball if they don't call for it. When I stopped them and raised voice and re demonstrated they all looked at me with wide eyes and basically like they had never had anyone stop them before. The other coach with me ( a mighty girl) was then describing to me how they never listen and how she doesn't no what to do some days. I say yeah i see that and we are going to change that. The drill went a little better. I moved on to a new drill a game. It was a competition and if they made a bad pass they probably were going to lose the game. One of the girls messed up and the girl next in line got mad and kicked the ball away from her as far as she could. ( not ok) so I go and look at her I made an x and put hands in air ( she doesn't know English) she gave me the meanest look and left practice. I have no idea where she went. The rest of practice didn't go so well it was a start to the right direction ha these were the mighty girls ( other coach) words to me half way threw " can we leave now" she was so frustrated with them. Needless to say week by week I hope it gets better and they start to play some real soccer and play by the rules. They are 12 and under team but very very low level. I don't know there history either so that could make a difference.

I'm taking a salsa class o yeaaaaaaah My salsa

When I bike in the day, as soon as I get off my bike my shirt is all wet it's sexy

I bought some BBQ chicken this week at the market I have been holding off - if you wanted to know I choose the one with out it's feet and everything still on it

I ate dog also ........

....
.....

Bahaba NO well not that I know of.

Pic- little taste of tragic
How they cut there ice
Students hard at work and loving it

2 comments:

  1. So glad the English classes are going well. First the mighty girls-then the waitress-then the coaches!! Pretty soon you'll be teaching the whole village!!!!!! Tehe--I bet you are learning just as much as they are!
    Can't wait to see you do the salsa! Hate to tell you but a sweaty shirt isn't sexy it's just smelly!!!!!!!!! Great pics! Did your other girl come back? With her shoes? Did they have to run for 5 min? Oh the stories you will have to tell when you get home!
    P.S. GLAD YOU DIDN"T EAT DOG!!!
    Miss ya bunches--thanks for all the skype chats!
    Remember to listen to your inner "Chelsey"!!
    Have fun--safe travels--smart choices!
    Love & prayers!
    Auntie Godmom Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a bigger challenge than Mt Ben Lomond (or was it Mt Bin Laden?)

    ReplyDelete